KTP Research Associate (fixed term)
- Closing Date
- Friday, 24th November 2017
- Job Type
- £28,000 - £30,000 per annum. Plus significant training package.
This role is based at A.T.Kearney Limited, Nottingham
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious PhD qualified graduate (or near to completion), to design, develop and demonstrate data services for mobile assets for smart energy applications. This position is a 30 month fixed term contract, with a £5,000 dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
Qualifications we require:
This a highly technical, state of the art project. You will hold an undergraduate degree in a science/engineering discipline and a PhD in any related fields of transport/geospatial engineering, computer science, sustainable energy technologies.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
• Data acquisition, data handling, algorithm development and coding.
• MATLAB coding machine learning algorithm development (particularly neural networks), energy, people and buildings monitoring/instrumentation
Desirable knowledge and experience:
• Relevant industry experience (including work placements) in an engineering, science, low carbon vehicles, or energy environment
The successful candidate must possess:
• Written and spoken English should be of an excellent standard
• Skills in report writing to a high standard and strong presentation skills.
• Ability work as part of a team and independently.
• Excellence in research and independent working, with a positive attitude towards collaboration and interdisciplinary working
• Demonstrable ability to undertake multidisciplinary research and translate understanding in the subject area for commercial delivery.
• Enthusiasm, motivation and drive to embed new knowledge and to take full ownership of the project
• Willingness to travel within the UK to company’s offices, partners and clients and also overseas to conferences
About A.T. Kearney Limited:
A.T.Kearney Limited is a Chicago Headquartered Management Consultancy Firm with 41 offices globally. The post is with the company’s newly formed, UK Helios team, focused on data and technology commercialisation, selling data services and systems that provide value from Big Data and Internet of Things (IoT) applications in Energy and Healthcare markets. A.T.Kearney has partnered with the University of Nottingham on this commercially driven project which supports the company’s strategy to develop the systematic data services required to deliver new distributed energy models. This is a very exciting time for a graduate to be actively involved as the company expands its delivery.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential that you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. Please visit: http://ktp.innovateuk.org/
This full time post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for a period of 30 months.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.