Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships (School of Medicine)
- Closing Date
- Friday, 8th October 2021
- Job Type
- £40322 to £49553 per annum (pro-rata if applicable) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Applications are invited for Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships in the School of Medicine. Our fellowships provide 3 years of independent research funding, and are linked to a permanent academic position. We welcome applications from those wishing to establish a research career in the UK, and those wishing to work part- time (minimum 0.5FTE) to meet personal responsibilities.
The School of Medicine welcomes applications from all medical disciplines, particularly those that align to the research themes in the NIHR Nottingham Biomedical Research Centre https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nihr-nottingham-biomedical-research-centre/ (CAN THIS GO IN AS LINK PLEASE)
All queries regarding eligibility/details of the scheme should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substantive queries about a research project and its fit with School research priorities should be sent to Professor Pip Logan: MS-Research-Cttee@nottingham.ac.uk
Steps to application:
- You MUST contact the school to discuss your research proposal before you submit your application.
- Complete the short form via the ‘apply online’ link below
- Upload your CV and Research Proposal via the ‘additional information’ section on this form.
CV guidance: include employment history, any gaps in employment history, research funding and awards, list of publications. Please do not include publication metrics/impact factors as we are committed to the use of responsible metrics and our assessment of proposals ensures that the scientific/research content of a paper is much more important than the publication metrics or identity of the journal in which it was published.
Please use the following name format for your file: Name_NRFAMF_CVsubmission
Research proposal guidance: no more than 3 pages and to include:
- The title of your proposed research
- The nature of your proposed research and its aims
- How your research and experience aligns with the school strategic priority areas
- Planned outputs from the project and the likely impact of your research
- Long term career aspirations
- Why you believe your career will benefit from the award of a Nottingham Research or Anne McLaren Fellowship.
Please use the following name format for your file: Name_NRF/AMF Research Proposal
Please note, uploading of your CV and Research Proposal is a mandatory requirement and we will not be able to consider your application if these are not provided.
Our University has always been a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs – indeed this very diversity is vital to our success, it is fundamental to our values and enriches life on campus. We welcome applications from UK, Europe and from across the globe. For more information on the support we offer our international colleagues, see our Moving to Nottingham pages.
For successful international applicants, we provide financial support for your visa and the immigration health surcharge, plus an interest-free loan to help cover the cost of immigration-related expenses for any dependants accompanying you to the UK. For more information please see the our webpage on Financial support for visas and the immigration health surcharge.