Up to 10 Fully-Funded PhD Studentships in Computer Science
- Closing Date
- Monday, 15th March 2021
- Computer Science
Applications are invited for a number of fully funded PhD studentships offered by the School of Computer Science at the University of Nottingham, starting on 1st October 2021 (reference number SCI1979).
The topics for the studentships are open, but should relate to the interests of one of the School’s research groups: Computational Optimisation and Learning Lab; Computer Vision Lab; Cyber Security; Functional Programming; Intelligent Modelling and Analysis; Mixed Reality Lab and Uncertainty in Data and Decision Making.
The studentships are for three and a half years and include a stipend of (minimum) £15,609 per year and tuition fees.
Applicants are normally expected to have a 2:1 Bachelor or Masters degree or international equivalent, in Computer Science or a related discipline, and must obtain the support of a potential supervisor in the School prior to submitting their application. Please contact potential supervisors at least two weeks prior to the closing date for applications.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Tony Pridmore (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply, please submit the following items by email to Lindsay Norman (Lindsay.Norman@nottingham.ac.uk):
(1) a copy of your CV, including your actual or expected degree class(es), and results of all University examinations;
(2) an example of your technical writing, such as a project report or dissertation;
(3) contact details for two academic referees - it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that references are requested and sent to Lindsay.Norman@nottingham.ac.uk.
(4) a research proposal – max 2 x sides A4
(5) a covering letter. This must include
- The name of the member of staff of the School of Computer Science who has agreed to support your application (without this your application cannot be considered).
- The University’s job reference number. This can be found at the top of the advert and usually begins SCI.
Closing date for applications: March 15th 2021. Please note: incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.