PhD Studentships in Chemistry available at the EPSRC and SFI CDT in Sustainable Chemistry
- Closing Date
- Monday, 31st January 2022
Atoms to Products
Fully-funded PhD scholarship in Chemistry available
at the EPSRC and SFI CDT in Sustainable Chemistry
The EPSRC and SFI Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Sustainable Chemistry: Atoms-2-Products, would like to invite suitably qualified and highly motivated applicants from all STEM disciplines to apply for 48-month PhD studentships to work in one of three Research Thematic areas:
- Targeting synthesis routes and novel materials from sustainable flow processing (TRANSFER)
- Bioelectrochemical applications for sustainable technologies (BeAST)
- A New generation of sustainable thermoelectric materials and devices: HeatToPower (H2P)
CDT Training Programme
Our students will undertake a 4-year PhD programme, where the first year offers the opportunity to access a balanced combination of core and research theme training activities. Our core training is designed to equip students with knowledge and tools related to the broader aspects of their research such as sustainability, entrepreneurial skills, and responsible research and innovation, and will include a wide range of workshops focusing on professional skills, career development and wellbeing. Research theme training will focus on topics specific to each of the three themes. The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, workshops, group activities and lab sessions.
Over the remaining three years, whilst working on their research projects, students will continue to receive cross-disciplinary training and research and will be presented with a wide range of additional training opportunities tailored to support them at the different stages of their PhD cycle.
Benefits of joining our CDT
- An excellent research environment, with world class facilities
- Access to an extensive cross-disciplinary training programme
- Purposefully tailored research theme-specific technical/lab training
- Cohort approach to training with emphasis on collaborative work in smaller teams
- Access to training activities facilitated by BiOrbic, University College Dublin
- Access to external training, workshops and conferences
- Excellent professional skills training package
- Opportunity of fully funded external internships with national/international companies or academic/other institutions
- An annual stipend of £15,609
The Centre would particularly welcome enthusiastic and highly motivated applicants with a strong academic curiosity and strong aptitude for research. Applicants should be committed to working in cross-disciplinary teams and be passionate about working towards a more sustainable future.
The University of Nottingham and our CDT are committed to providing an inclusive study environment for all students. We welcome applications from candidates from different backgrounds and protected characteristics, including those from BAME backgrounds.
We offer flexibility in provision of student support including disability support plans and mechanisms to accommodate those with caring responsibilities including maternity and paternity leave.
Fully funded scholarships at the EPSRC and SFI CDT in Sustainable Chemistry are open to home and a limited number of international students.
For more information and to apply, please visit:
Application deadline: 17 December 2021