Group study space terms and conditions
This page was last updated on 12 March 2021 at 17:32 (GMT)
By placing this booking on behalf of a group, you are designated the Lead Booker and agree to:
- ensure the size of the group does not exceed the maximum capacity of the location booked
- make sure all members of the group follow the Covid-19 safety measures in place, including wearing face coverings and maintaining social distancing (even with those in households or bubbles)
- keep a record of all group members names and contact details for Track and Trace.
- If the fire alarm sounds, ensure that all members of your group safely evacuate from the building and congregate at the nearest safe fire assembly point. Report to the Fire Officer, Security or the Fire Service if anyone in your group has not evacuated safely.
Compliance with safety measures
If any members of the group fail to follow the safety measures, this will result in:
- the group being asked to leave the group study space
- the Lead Booker being suspended from booking, or using, bookable study space for seven days.
Failure to adhere to the safety measures or to show your University Card to staff when requested is a breach of the Code of Discipline for Students.
- Spaces are for group study only.
- Maximum 1 x 3 hour booking a day.
- If you no longer need the space, please cancel using the link in the confirmation email.
- You will need your University Card to access the Dearing and Xu Yafen buildings.
- Be prepared to show your booking confirmation.
- Please do not arrive before the start time of your booking.
- At the end of your booked study slot, please leave promptly as your space will be booked by another user.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Wear a face covering at all times, including when sat at your study space (unless exempt).
- We ask that those with exemptions display a sunflower lanyard or exemption card, where possible.
- Sit at designated spaces with green dots only. Do not move the furniture.
- Maintain a two-metre distance from others when arriving at and leaving your study space.
- You must maintain a minimum one metre distance from all members of your group, at all times. This applies even if you are in the same household or bubble.
- Do not eat whilst using the group study spaces. Drinks can be consumed but please replace your face covering immediately.
- Wash your hands regularly, use the hand sanitiser provided and wipe down surfaces before and after use.
- Follow directional signage including one-way routes.
- If you feel unwell or are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, do not come on to campus.
- If you or anyone in your household or study group has COVID-19 symptoms you must self-isolate.
- If you start to feel ill or develop symptoms please notify the university.