Studying for a PhD with Nottingham University Business School will give you the opportunity to undertake a research project of your choice within a world-class research institution. You will receive top-quality supervision and rigorous research training from internationally recognised scholars.
Your degree will provide the launch-pad for a successful career, not only in academia, but also in commerce, industry and the public sector. Many graduates are now working in top research universities or in major multi-national corporations worldwide.
Business research areas include:
- Behavioural economics
- Business and management
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Finance, banking and risk
- Healthcare management and leadership
- Human resource management/organisational behaviour
- Industrial economics
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- International business
- Operations management/information systems
Midlands Graduate School
Nottingham is part of the Midlands Graduate School ESRC Doctoral Training Partnership, which offers funding opportunities for postgraduate students each year.
- Part of an elite group of EQUIS and AMBA accredited business schools
- 6th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework