A vibrant and collaborative community of over 100 doctoral research students is central to our research culture. We expect high standards of our doctoral students so we are dedicated to investing in students' growth and learning.
You will receive top-quality supervision and rigorous research training from internationally-recognised scholars who are widely published in their fields of expertise.
Your research degree can provide the launch-pad for a successful career, not only in academia, but also in commerce, industry and the public sector. Many graduates are now working in top research universities or in major multi-national corporations worldwide.
Business research areas include:
- behavioural economics
- business and management
- corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- finance, banking and risk
- healthcare management and leadership
- human resource management/organisational behaviour
- industrial economics
- innovation and entrepreneurship
- international business
- operations management/information systems
Midlands Graduate School
Nottingham is part of the Midlands Graduate School ESRC Doctoral Training Partnership, a consortium dedicated to widening access for postgraduates to ESRC funding across the UK.
- Part of an elite group of EQUIS and AMBA accredited business schools
- 6th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework, with teaching underpinned by the latest developments
- An inspiring research portfolio worth £799m
- Research centres and institutes that enable interdisciplinary research projects and collaborations with business and industry partners