We provide a dynamic research environment, with a community of more than 300 students from 40 different countries. Some study and live here in the UK, while others are based countries around the world and make periodic visits to the UK to see their supervisor(s).
You will study alongside academic experts and will be assigned two supervisors appropriate to your field. Full-time students meet with their supervisors at least 10 times each year, while part-time students meet with them at least six times in the same period.
Entry to our postgraduate research programme is competitive and having a strong research proposal is therefore very important.
Education research areas include:
- Changing literacy practices
- Education for human flourishing
- Education and international development
- Higher, adult and vocational education
- Learning sciences
- Learning through the arts, creative pedagogies and science
- Mathematics education
- School leadership and improvement
- Teachers' work, professionalism and education policy
Midlands Graduate School
Nottingham is part of the Midlands Graduate School ESRC Doctoral Training Partnership, which offers funding opportunities for postgraduate students each year.