Since its introduction in 1987, the School of Law's LLM programme has continued to grow in popularity and prestige. It attracts around 140 students each year from around the world. Offering a wide and diverse range of over 45 optional modules, our leading LLM programme is one of the most exciting available.
Constantly evolving in response to major legal and world developments, we have an exciting portfolio of modules that supports each of these programmes.
The school is committed to excellence in teaching, and offers a rigorous and stimulating range of subjects to study, aligned to our strong research culture.
Ranked 6th in the UK in terms of research power, market share, and research intensity in the latest Research Excellence Framework, our well-established research centres examine human rights, treaty law, criminal justice, international law and security, and public procurement law.
Academic English preparation and support
If you require additional support to take your language skills to the required level, you may be able to attend a presessional course at the Centre for English Language Education, which is accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK.
Students who successfully complete the presessional course to the required level can progress to postgraduate study without retaking IELTS or equivalent. A specialist law course is available and you could be eligible for a joint offer, which means you will only need to apply for your visa once.
- Top 100 worldwide in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018
- 81% of our research considered world-leading or internationally excellent in the latest Research Excellence Framework
- 96% of law postgraduates in work or further study within six months of graduation
- Dedicated resources including legal skills advice through workshops and one-to-one sessions, computer room, and law reading room in the Hallward Library
- Links to leading firms in London and the regions, private industry and consultancies, and governmental institutions and non-governmental organisations across the UK and wider world