Since its establishment over 30 years ago, the School of Law's LLM programme has continued to grow in popularity and prestige, and we attract high achieving students from around the world to study with us.
In addition to our Master of Laws we also offer specialist LLM programmes that enable you to gain expert knowledge of specific aspects of UK and international law.
The school is committed to excellence in teaching, and offers a rigorous and stimulating range of subjects to study, aligned to our strong research culture. Ranked 6th in the UK in terms of research power, market share, and research intensity in the latest Research Excellence Framework, we engage with major legal and world developments.
Our well-established research centres examine human rights, treaty law, international commercial law, criminal justice, international law and security, and public procurement law.
Academic English preparation and support
If you require additional support to take your language skills to the required level, you may be able to attend a presessional course at the Centre for English Language Education, which is accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK.
Students who successfully complete the presessional course to the required level can progress to postgraduate study without retaking IELTS or equivalent. A specialist law course is available and you could be eligible for a joint offer, which means you will only need to apply for your visa once.
- Top 100 worldwide in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019
- 81% of our research considered world-leading or internationally excellent in the latest Research Excellence Framework
- 96% of law postgraduates in work or further study within six months of graduation
- Dedicated resources including legal skills advice through workshops and one-to-one sessions, computer room, and a full range of legal study and research materials online and in the Hallward Library
- Links to leading firms in London and the regions, private industry and consultancies, and governmental institutions and non-governmental organisations across the UK and wider world