The Department of Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering offers a range of taught courses covering a number of different specialist and advanced engineering subjects. These draw on the internationally leading research of our academic staff and our strong links with industry and government agencies.
Many of courses are accredited by professional bodies, and can act as a starting point for moving into doctoral research, or give you the skills and knowledge you need to take your career to the next level.
Our facilities include a range of materials testing and characterisation techniques:
- Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Additive Manufacturing, housing our world-leading 3D printing facility, one of the largest additive manufacturing research group in the world
- Human Factors simulation lab incorporating high-fidelity car and train simulators
- Range of wind tunnels including a climatic tunnel
- Aeroengine test rigs and associated equipment and processes
- Fully automated 3D and 2D laser Doppler anemometers and particle image velocimeters
- Water jet cutting machine
- Computer aided design (CAD) and computer aided engineering (CAE) using industry-standard software packages
Careers and employability
Our award-winning careers service offers support for students within the Faculty of Engineering, offering advice, skills workshops, employer presentations, drop-in sessions and recruitment fairs.
The team have specialised knowledge of career fields popular with engineering students, and the expertise to guide you through choices and recruitment practices, to help improve your employability.
The University of Nottingham is consistently named as one of the most targeted universities by Britain’s leading graduate employers (The Graduate Market 2013-2019, High Fliers Research) and can offer you a head-start when it comes to your career.
Scholarships and funding