Excellence and achievement in research and teaching are our priorities. Our chief research strengths lie in international relations and security, British and comparative politics, and political theory.
We have a strong interest in issues such as globalisation and global governance, and encourage collaborative work through our centres and institutes.
Politics and international relations research areas include:
- Asia and Pacific studies
- British politics and Brexit
- China's governance and politics
- conflict, security and terrorism
- international relations
- political ideologies
- political theory
- social and global justice
- social science research methodology
Midlands Graduate School
Nottingham is part of the Midlands Graduate School ESRC Doctoral Training Partnership, which offers funding opportunities for postgraduate students each year.
- Top 100 worldwide for politics and international relations in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018
- Committed to excellence in teaching, having won 13 Higher Education Academy awards
- Expert academics who contribute to public debate through national and international media, including such publications as The Independent, The LA Times and Le Monde