UCAS Visit Days for Mathematical Physics Offer Holders
All undergraduate applicants who receive an offer are invited to a UCAS visit day, which is an opportunity for you to see for yourself the Schools of Physics & Astronomy and Mathematical Sciences, and the University in general.
If you have any problems booking on to a UCAS Visit Day, or would like to know more about which dates are available to you, please contact our Mathematical Physics Admissions Tutor, Dr Janette Dunn (email Janette.Dunn@nottingham.ac.uk or telephone, 0115 951 5135 ).
How to book a visit day?
You can book your place on a visit day by logging into MyNottingham using the Student ID you were sent in your acknowledgement email. If you do not know your Student ID, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens on the visit day?
A typical visit includes the following...
- Mathematical Physics at Nottingham - A presentation by the Mathematical Physics Admissions Tutors, Dr Janette Dunn and Dr Sasha Ossipov.
- Lunch – A buffet lunch is available with staff and current Mathematical Physics / Physics & Astronomy students to answer any questions you may have about the courses or student life at the University of Nottingham.
- Student Presentations – A series of short (5 min) presentations from undergraduate and postgraduate students on a range of topics including personal perspectives on placements and internships they’ve undertaken; research projects; PhD opportunities; and PhysSoc and the Physics & Astronomy student experience.
- A 15 minute meeting with a member of staff to discuss your application
- Tours of the School of Physics & Astronomy and the Mathematical Sciences building