UCAS Visit Days for Physics Offer Holders
All applicants whose UCAS application meets our requirements will be invited to attend one of our UCAS Physics Visit Days. During the visit day you will have the opportunity to meet with a member of academic staff to discuss your application. Your entry requirements offer will be confirmed at that meeting. The meeting will also play an important role in the event of a “near miss” situation, i.e. if you do not quite attain the grade requirements of your offer.
Our visit days are held on Wednesdays in November, December, February, and March.
Mathematical Physics offer holders should click here.
How to book a visit day?
You can book your place on a visit day by logging into MyNottingham using the Student ID you were sent in your acknowledgement email. If you do not know your Student ID, please contact email@example.com
What happens on the visit day?
A typical visit includes the following...
- Physics & Astronomy at Nottingham – A short welcome by the Head of School, Prof. Michael Merrifield, followed by a presentation on our physics degree courses by the Undergraduate Admissions Tutor, Prof. Philip Moriarty
- Lunch – A buffet lunch is available (with staff and current Physics & Astronomy students to answer any questions you may have about the courses or student life at the University of Nottingham.
- Student Presentations – A series of short (5 min) presentations from undergraduate and postgraduate students on a range of topics including personal perspectives on placements and internships they’ve undertaken; research projects; PhD opportunities; and PhysSoc and the Physics & Astronomy student experience.
- A 15 minute meeting with a member of staff to discuss your application.
- Tours of the School of Physics & Astronomy