Help us drive the discovery and translation of new imaging tools to transform non-invasive diagnosis, improve the outcomes for patients, and better evaluate the success of medical interventions through our fellowship schemes.
Our prestigious internal fellowship schemes are a fundamental part of our Research Vision, so we're recruiting 100 Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows by the end of 2022.
As a Beacon fellow, you will be supported to develop an independent research career, while actively contributing to the aims of the Beacon research programme. We want to enhance our rich and dynamic research ecosystem by actively supporting applicants from diverse career paths and backgrounds, and also support applications from those wishing to work part-time.
We are inviting applications in the following areas:
- Clinical MR Imaging Research (Academic Radiologist or Clinical Academic with special interest in advanced MRI)
- Artificial intelligence in medical imaging MR Physics (Ultrahigh-field Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Dynamic Nuclear Polarisation, MR Spectroscopy)
- Innovative neuromodulation therapies Predictive biomarker modelling (jointly with the Health Data Research Group)
The Anne McLaren Fellowships are aimed at outstanding female scholars in science, technology, engineering and medicine at the early stage of their academic careers, who are typically under-represented in these subjects, and wish to establish a research career in the UK.
The Nottingham Research Fellowships are targeted at exceptional postdoctoral researchers in all academic disciplines represented at the University.
Each fellowship offers:
- three years of independent funding to conduct research
- extensive career development support, including participation in a mentoring scheme
- competitive salary set on the salary scale at level 5 (£38,833 and £47,722) depending on experience
- the linking of the fellowship to an established academic post, subject to performance against a high quality threshold and the continued right to work in the UK
- research expenses totalling £75,000
- additional childcare costs of up to £5,000 per annum
- relocation expenses of up to £1,500
- the opportunity to spend periods of time at our campuses in China and Malaysia
As a clinical academic, we encourage you to apply for a Nottingham Research Fellowship. We recognise that you face specific challenges, namely that career progression is linked to professional accreditation as a consultant and the co-funding of any post with the NHS Trust.
We will work with you to identify an appropriate allocation of clinical and fellowship time to support your career and research progression. Please note that, while the School of Medicine plans to support successful clinical fellows strongly at the conclusion of their fellowship, it is not necessarily able to guarantee a permanent position, as this is dependent on NHS trust funding.
Your next steps
Back to the top