AMRG Researcher Day March 2018
The Advanced Materials Research Group (AMRG) held their annual Researcher Day on Thursday 29th March 2018. The day was attended by Academics, Researchers, PhD Students and Technicians and showcased the research currently being undertaken by the PhD Students.
- Year 1 PhD Students participated in PhD Madness, a quick-fire one slide in one minute presentation of their research
- Year 2 PhD Students created a poster to display their research
- Final year PhD Students participated in 3MT where they had 3 minutes to give a presentation on their thesis with the aid of one slide
These presentations were judged by the group's academic members with the top 3 in each category receiving a gift voucher.
In addition, there were also presentations given by two of the groups Research Fellows, Sanliang Ling and Andrea Laybourn.
The day was a great success and gave all who attended a valuable opportunity to engage with other group members and their field of expertise.
A big congratulations to everyone for their excellent presentations. The winners below will go on to compete in the Engineering Researcher Showcase held on 2nd May 2018.
- The year 1 winners are Matthew Wadge and Ieuan Thomas-Hillman
- The year 2 winners are Kathryn Thomas, Sabrin Samad and Teo Kubiena
- The final year winners are Katherine Pitrolino and Liam Reddy
We would like to wish them the very best of luck in the next stage of their competition.