Recipient of Prestigious Award
We are thrilled to announce that Matthew Wadge, a PhD student of the Advanced Materials Research Group (AMRG), has been selected to receive the 'Best BSc/BEng Student of the Year Award for 2018' from The Armourers and Brasiers' Gauntlet Trust and The Welding Institute.
In order to apply for this prestigious award, Matthew had to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Excellent examination results at undergraduate level including a high mark and commendation in a prescribed project report
- Evidence to show meticulous attention to detail in carrying out practical work
- Clarity in the presentation of results
- Sound reasoning in reaching conclusions
- Academic and personal promise during their academic studies
Matthew has been invited to attend the 2018 Awards Prize Giving Reception and The Welding Institute Annual Dinner held in July at King's College, Cambridge to accept his award and cash prize!
In partnership with The Welding Institute, The Armours & Brasiers continues to support and champion excellence and endeavour in the fields of education and research in materials science and metallurgy through awards for achievement and travel grants for young scientists.
(Taken from The Welding Institute's Website)
This is an outstanding achievement for Matthew and highlights the hard work and dedication he has undertaken from the early stages of his career. We would like to take this opportunity to wish him our very best congratulations.