We offer PhDs across all areas of ergonomics/human factors within the Human Factors Research Group.
Funding for PhDs comes from a variety of sources, including the Faculty of Engineering EPSRC Doctoral Training Centre, industry or research council sponsored projects, or students who fund their own research.
PhD Students and Opportunities
Past and current topics being covered by our students include:
- development of a workload assessment toolkit
- safety critical communication in railway control
- health and safety of Virtual Reality
- knowledge in planning, scheduling and control environments
- Human error in air traffic control
- and musculoskeletal injury risk in assembly tasks
Current PhD Students
Alumni PhD Students