The Pavement Research Building is a purpose-built £2.4m state-of-the-art centre for research and development in all areas of pavement engineering; design, performance, maintenance and materials.
It incorporates world-class laboratories for testing asphalt, concrete, bitumen, aggregates, recycled and other paving materials as well as pilot-scale pavements. The Pavement Research Building provides both laboratory facilities for the research activities of the Nottingham Transportation Engineering Centre of the University of Nottingham as well as a confidential commercial testing service to the pavement engineering industry.
NTEC has the following capabilities:
- Pilot-scale pavement test facility
- Extensive asphalt testing facilities
- Analytical and rheological bitumen laboratories
- Pavement geotechnical assessments
- Testing of cement treated materials
- Environmental leaching assessments
Our laboratories are employed for assessing:
- Road, airfield and dock pavements
- Rail track construction and maintenance
- Recycling and environmental aspects of pavements
- Bridge decks and road ironwork
We have a wide range of testing equipment within these facilities.