Funding is available through the Energy for Business scheme, with grants of up to £8k on offer to successful applicants.
The capital grant, delivered by the Energy Innovation and Collaboration team through 'Energy for Business', is for businesses who wish to improve energy efficiency, reduce greenhouse gas emissions or who are implementing sustainable energy technologies.
- The minimum cost of the project must be no less than £2,500
- The maximum cost of the project must be no more than £20,000
- Businesses must be classified as an SME in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire or Leicestershire
- This capital funds grant provides 40% of the project cost through match funding, up to a maximum of £8,000
- Recipients will be chosen by an independent panel in a competitive process, the panel's decision will be deemed to be final
- The monies are awarded to successful applicants once the work or purchase is completed
- No work must be undertaken until confirmation of a successful grant award has been received in writing. We cannot fund expenditure committed prior to confirmation of a grant award.
The next closing dates for applications are:
Friday 25th February 2022
Friday 27th May 2022
Please contact us if you are interested in applying for our capital grant.
To be eligible for funded support businesses must be Small or Medium-sized Enterprises (*SMEs) in the D2N2 (Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire) or LLEP (Leicester, Leicestershire) region.
*The European definition of SME follows: "The category of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is made up of enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euro, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euro."
The Energy Innovation and Collaboration-Energy for Business project is worth £9m, with funding coming from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the University of Nottingham and private match.