Research Staff Travel Prize
These prestigious prizes support research staff to attend a national or international conference to present their research, or make a short visit to another institute to use or consult essential resources.
The funding round you apply to is determined by your travel dates, please carefully check the funding deadline before you apply. If you apply to the incorrect funding round, your application will be rejected.
We recommend that you download the application form and discuss it with your line manager/PI before you start the application process.
New Application Process
The application process for the Research Staff Travel Prize has changed and applications are now managed in Moodle. It is important to check that you are able to access Moodle before you apply. If you are unable to access Moodle, please contact Learning-Team-Support for assistance.
This is a highly competitive prize that attracts a large number of applications. Incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will not be sent to the judging panel for consideration.
The guidance notes for applicants and FAQ page provide all the information you need to fully complete your application.
Deadlines & Travel Dates
- 6 Sept '17 deadline - Travel from 1 Nov to 1 Feb * (closed)
- 6 Dec '17 deadline - Travel from 2 Jan to 2 May * (closed)
- 7 Mar '18 deadline - Travel from 25 Apr to 27 July
- 6 June '18 deadline - Travel from 27 July to 31 Oct
- 5 Sept '18 deadline - Travel from 1Nov to 1 Feb
Travel prize winners so far: press release
These prizes are only open to research staff based at the United Kingdom Campus on the following grades who have not already received a Research Staff Travel Prize:
- R&T 4a (research emphasis only)
- R&T 4 TG
- R&T 4 (research and/or teaching emphasis)
*other level 4 grades, including those for teaching only are not eligible
Levels of support
- up to £300 for attendance at a conference at your country of employment
- up to £600 for attendance at a conference overseas
How to apply
Please note the application process for this prize has changed.
- Check the funding deadline dates to ensure you apply to the correct funding round.
- Download the latest Research Staff Travel Prize application form (no other versions will be accepted)
- Read the guidance notes for applicants and discuss your application with your line manager/PI.
- Fully complete the application form and ensure all sections (including the statement of support) have been fully completed and signed. You must also include scanned copies of all quotations to illustrate the costs of travel. Incomplete and incorrectly completed applications will not be sent to the judging panel for consideration.
- Combine the application form and all supporting documents (quotes etc) into a single pdf document.
- Visit the Moodle application page and complete the online application.
- Upload your pdf document into your online application.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the Research Staff Travel Prize.
- Check and submit your application before the deadline.