The Social Impact Game: How to experience fulfilment in work in a team Social Impact Project
This practical, hands-on Nottingham Advantage Award module will help to clarify why social impact matters, and how to achieve it.
You will be able to make clear, confident choices about which projects and placements to undertake towards building a fulfilling career.
Find out more on the Social Impact Game workspace page.
University of Nottingham students told us their major challenges at university:
- Overwhelmed with options
- Putting off decisions about future
- Struggling on their own
- Unclear how to get a job they'd love
- Underselling themselves at interviews
The Social Impact Game has been designed to tackle these problems so that you can:
- make confident choices
- master team working
- get real work experience
- stand out at interviews
- make a social impact
What does it involve?
In the Social Impact Game you'll co-create a social impact project with employers and project advisors in a team of 4-5 students. The programme will be delivered via face-to-face workshop-style instruction, webinars and online group and one-to-one coaching. You will:
- identify what social causes and issues you care about most
- create and implement a short-term (eight-week) Social Impact Project in teams of 4-5
- receive coaching to develop and implement your project
- collaborate with internal and external organisations, companies or charities
- receive one-to-one coaching to use what you are learning in the Social Impact Game to achieve your academic and career goals
- present at a public event about the impact of your project
- discover your strengths to make clear decisions about what placements and jobs to apply for
- learn how to communicate the impact of your project in interviews for placements and jobs
On 24 March 2021, your team presents your Social Impact Project at the Social Impact Game Fiesta! Nottingham community stakeholders, industry leaders, experts and University of Nottingham students will find out about your team's impact and your social impact gets tracked as part of the wider Social Impact Game in our Nottingham community.