Inclusive Leadership Opportunities
We are keen to develop volunteering and leadership opportunities for students linked in with inclusive sport.
The opportunities sit across a number of our initiatives and provide you with the opportunity to develop some valuable vocational skills and have some fun at the same time.
We are look to recruit student volunteers across a number of different areas, including;
- Inclusive Sport Leaders
- Men's Health Active
Inclusive Sport Leaders
This year we are looking to recruit enthusiastic volunteers as Inclusive Sport Leaders. Working alongside the Disability Sport Officer and Ambassador you will champion inclusive sport by assisting in supporting the promotion and delivery of sports programmes and events internally within the University of Nottingham and across the City.
Roles and responsibilities
• To support delivery of UoN Sport inclusive initiatives, including inclusive club sport, Just Play inclusive sports day, delivery at Monty Hind Youth Club, Portland College and other external opportunities;
• To positively promote inclusive sport throughout the University and beyond;
• To develop professional working links with student clubs, Welfare in Sport and the student networks;
• To regularly report back to Ambassador team/UoN Sport;
• To assist at sporting events that may arise throughout the academic year;
• To complete training and access support where required.
Skills and experience required
• Candidates must be studying at the University of Nottingham for the 2019/20 academic year;
• An interest in physical activity/fitness/sport at the University of Nottingham with awareness of the current sporting offer;
• A friendly candidate who has an inclusive approach;
• Ideally someone who has previous history doing volunteer work, however this is not essential;
• A willingness to develop and learn skills on the job. The successful candidates must be adaptable and organised.
Benefits of the role
• DBS check;
• A programme of recognised training up to the value of £200 (per person), including;
- Inclusive Activity Programme training: 29th September, 2-5pm at David Ross Sports Village. Please note that you will need to register for this by completing this form.
• Work experience as part of the UoN Sport team;
• Excellent opportunity to enhance your CV;
• Knowledge that you’re contributing to improving student experience;
• Receive UoN Sport Kit;
• Develop skills on the job;
• Rewards through Volunteer Kinetic website (when logging volunteer hours).
If you would like to apply for one of these roles, then please complete and submit the form below by 1st October 2021. We will be looking to meet with applicants the week commencing 4th October.
Any questions around the role should be directed to the Disability Sport Officer.
Men's Health Active
Our Men's Health Active (MHA) initiative focuses on promoting exercise and sport as way to help male students manage their mental wellbeing.
The programme includes a number of different sessions including:
Plus a talk shop element, where like minded students can come together and over a coffee to chat about their experiences.
We are looking to recruit a team of MHA Champions to support our ambassador team and the students engaging with the initiative.
More information on requirements will be posted here shortly. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact the Disability Sport Officer.