The Leadership Academy Qualification Fund offers financial support to current University of Nottingham students to complete a coaching qualification.
The fund offers a fantastic opportunity to gain a recognised coaching qualification during your studies and the chance to work with your peers and / or the local community to develop your coaching and leadership skills.
To apply for a grant from the Qualification Fund, please complete the application form at the bottom of this page. Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your application.
For more information, please contact Joanne Turner, Sports Volunteering Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be a current student at the University of Nottingham and priority will be given to students not currently in their final year. Please contact Joanne Turner, Sports Volunteering Officer, at email@example.com if you are in your final year and wish to apply.
- Applicants must be able to clearly demonstrate a clear need or demand to why funding a coaching qualification is needed. Applications which fail to do this will not be considered. Please consider how this qualification will either benefit the club or any other university programmes that you are involved in.
- Applicants must have a clear exit route of where they are going to volunteer either before, or upon successful completion of the coaching qualification. (e.g. Engage, Club, Sport in Schools)
- Applicants must list any supporting courses/qualifications that you would need to pass your qualification. For example you may need to complete a first aid or safeguarding course to receive your qualification.
- Applications must be submitted before the course start date and we cannot fund past or ongoing course qualifications.
- Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- Successful applicants will be required to completed a Funding Agreement, agreeing to volunteer for a set agreed amount of hours in return for your course fees being paid by the University of Nottingham Sport. The amount of volunteering hours will be worked out relevant to the cost of your course, and will be agreed prior to starting your course. The Cost/Volunteering Matrix can been seen below for a rough estimate of volunteering hours.
- You will be required to regularly log your completed volunteer hours online and update the Sport Volunteer Officer at uonsportleaders.com.
- If you fail to complete your course, this will result in you needing to reimburse the University of Nottingham Sport for any loss of monies.
- If you fail to complete the set amount of voluntary hours agreed, this will result in you needing to reimburse the University of Nottingham Sport the full amount of the coaching qualification.
- You will be required to positively promote the Leadership Academy via social media and through any other relevant marketing streams.
- Kit will be provided on completion of your coaching qualification. (Subject to availability)
Cost / volunteering hours matrix
|| 20 hours
Applications for our Qualification Fund are now open - please click here to apply.