University of Nottingham Sport are now recruiting brand ambassadors to join our Marketing and Communications team for the 2022/23 academic year.
The position offers a fantastic opportunity to gain real experience within an award-winning marketing and communications team and contribute to the ambitious vision of the our department. With a flexible work programme and opportunity to work virtually, it's ideal for combining with your studies.
University of Nottingham Sport's brand ambassadors are tasked with raising awareness of the University of Nottingham Sport brand and health and wellbeing offer amongst their fellow students. A passion for sport, fitness and wellbeing is essential as well as some experience (voluntary or paid) of creating social media and digital content.
Closing date: Sunday 5 June 2022 (midnight) - apply online here. Interviews will be held on Monday 13 June in person or via Microsoft Teams.
Duties and responsibilities
Supported by the Marketing Manager and Marketing team tasks include;
- Help shape marketing campaigns targeted to students
- Maximise personal connections to drive awareness of the UoN Sport programme including the new Sport, Health and Wellbeing Package.
- Create original and engaging digital content for students, e.g. vlogs, Instagram takeovers, blogs and videos
- Create fresh imagery to enhance social media activity, e.g. photos, infographics, animations
- Develop and support concept of Headliner games, driving student spectator engagement
- Provide additional capacity at key events such as Open Days, Welcome Week, Kickstart Fair, Premier Squash League and BUCS events.
Skills and experience
- Candidates must be studying at the University of Nottingham for the full 2022/2023 academic year.
- Passionate about sport, fitness and staying active at university.
- Knowledge of University of Nottingham Sport offer and programmes.
- Experience of promoting events or campaigns via social media, either personally or for an organisation (voluntary or paid).
- Photography and video editing skills would be an advantage but not compulsory.
- Rate of pay: £10.19, plus holiday rate £1.23
- Hours: 6 hours weekly during term-time. Schedule to be agreed with Marketing Manager and is flexible. Additional hours may be available on a flexible basis.
- Contract: September 2022 - June 2023
- Location: based at David Ross Sports Village (University Park) with the opportunity to work flexibly / virtually.
How to apply
Please apply online here including uploading your CV by Sunday 5 June 2022.
For any queries, please contact Kate Rothery, Sports Marketing and Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advice on CVs, covering letters and making applications, please refer to the University’s Careers and Employability Service website.
Posted on Wednesday 11th May 2022