Performance Men's Lacrosse
Performance Lacrosse (Men's)
Lacrosse players studying at the University of Nottingham join one of the UK's largest university lacrosse programmes, competing at the top level of British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) leagues. The men's first squad have contested the national BUCS final twice in the last four years and several players are currently involved with the England national set up.
Our lacrosse facilities for students are extensive; our teams train on a purpose-built 3G pitch opened in 2015 at our Jubilee Campus sports centre and performance facilities at the £40 million David Ross Sports Village include a High Performance Zone and Sports Injury Clinic.
Lacrosse at The University of Nottingham
Our Men's Lacrosse programme is led by Head Coach Scott Weddell, who brings significant international experience to the role. An elite level coach, Scott has coached at England Senior, England U19, County and All Star level.
Career highlights include several National Championship wins (with Lancashire and the North West) and lead roles at the World Games in BC, Canada and Manchester.
Contact Scott Weddell
- 3 weekly field sessions (120 min each)
- weekly strength and conditioning session (60 min)
- regular performance analysis through Inplay platform
- 2018/19 3rd- Premier North (Men 1)
- 2017/18 - 3rd - BUCS Premier North (Men 1)
- 2017/18 - BUCS Lacrosse 8s finalist
- 2016/17 - 3rd - BUCS Premier North (Men 1)
- 2016/17 - BUCS Championship cup finalists
- 2015/16 - BUCS Championship cup finalists
- 2015/16 - 2nd - BUCS Premier North (Men 1)
- 2014/15 - BUCS Championship cup finalists
Lacrosse background: Played at Poynton lacrosse club since age 7. Also played for Stockport metros and English knights, with which I toured America as part of both teams.
Top achievements: European club champions 2018 and being picked for the England training squad for the 2020 European championships
" Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up” -Rocky
Studying: BA Economics (School of Economics)
Lacrosse background: Selected for England U19 squad at the 2016 Lacrosse World Championships.
Top achievements: Selection as goal keeper for the Senior England Men's Lacrosse team.
"As well as being a top educational institution, Nottingham offers one of the best lacrosse programmes in the UK, with a strong core of English players."