University of Nottingham's volleyball programme is an ambitious exciting set up, with excellent coaching and world-class facilities at the £40 million David Ross Sports Village including the state-of-the-art strength and conditioning facilities in the High Performance Zone.
Elite players join a large thriving club, with strong links to Volleyball England through the Higher Education Volleyball Officer programme and several social and beginner sessions. The programme is also part of Volleyball England's Senior Academy network (bronze status) and the University works closely alongside the National Governing Body to offer elite training and competitive opportunities for talented athletes.
Volleyball at the University of Nottingham
- 3 weekly court sessions (2 hours each)
- 2 weekly strength & conditioning sessions (90 min each)
- Options for individual sessions
- Regular performance analysis
- 2017/18 - National League D2N champions and promotion to D1 (Women 1)
- 2016/17 - National League D3N champions and promotion to D2N (Women 1 and Men 1)
- 2015/16 - BUCS Midlands 1A champions and promotion to Premier North - Women 1
- 2014/15 - BUCS Midlands 1A champions and promotion to Premier North - Men 1
Studying:BA American Studies and History (School of Culture, Languages and Area Studies)
Volleyball background: Part of the Boswells Academy performance volleyball programme from U15 - U18 level as well as Senior NVL.
Top achievements: Representing England Juniors at the Sainsbury's School Games and World School Games in Serbia.
I chose to study at the Nottingham as it's part of Volleyball England's Senior Academy programme. I can train in a world-class venue with elite coaching, whilst furthering my education at a top university.
Studying: MSc Health Psychology (School of Medicine)
Volleyball background: Competed for Northwestern State University - NCAA Division 1 (2013-2017)
Top achievements: Winning the Southland Conference Championship in 2014.
I wanted to continue my volleyball career at the University of Nottingham due to the University's great academic reputation and the incredible sports facilities.