University of Nottingham's volleyball programme is an ambitious exciting set up, with excellent coaching and world-class facilities at the brand new £40 million David Ross Sports Village. Links with Vero Volley (Italy Serie A) allow for the potential to play professionally in Europe after your studies.
Elite players join a large thriving club, with strong links to Volleyball England through the Higher Education Volleyball Officer programme and several social and beginner sessions.
Volleyball at The University of Nottingham
Head Coach Callum Grieve has led our Volleyball programme since the 2015/16 season, leading both Women's and Men's teams to promotion in his first season.
Former Northern Ireland Senior Women's Head Coach (2013-2016), Callum holds the FIVB Level II coaching qualification.
Contact Callum Grieve
- 3 weekly court sessions (2 hours each)
- 3 weekly strength & conditioning sessions (90 min each)
- Options for individual sessions
- Regular performance analysis
- 2015/16 - Midlands 1A champions and promotion to Premier North - Women 1
- 2015/16 - HEVO and Young Volunteer of the Year (Joel Matthews) at Volleyball England awards
- 2014/15 - Midlands 1A champions and promotion to Premier North - Men 1
- 2014/15 - Event of the Year (Go Spike Wollaton Park) at Volleyball England awards
Studying: Msc Marketing (Business School)
Volleyball background: University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill - NCAA Division 1 (2012 - 2015) and USA Volleyball Collegiate national team
Top achievements: NCAA Elite 8 appearance and Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) champion
I came to Nottingham as I wanted to further my education at a top global University, while continuing to play the sport I love.
Studying: Msc Business Management (Business School)
Volleyball background: New Jersey Institute of Technology - NCAA Division 1 (2012-2016) and 2. Bundesliga (professional German league).
Top achievements: National German champions (4 times)
I chose to play volleyball here at the University of Nottingham because my school has an excellent academic reputation and the new sports facilities are incredible.