Services for Students


Change of Circumstances

Information on change of circumstances is available on our website. If your question isn’t answered there, please search the below FAQs

There are a number of steps that you need to undertake, here is a summary to follow.
  1. Speak to your School, ideally your tutor, about the possibility of interrupting, transferring or withdrawing from your studies.  They will advise on the possibilities open to you, as well as any potential implications.  They will also be able to advise with regard to the timing and time limits of interruptions.
  2. Fill in the relevant form which can be found in the Quality Manual.
  3. Withdrawal forms do not require a school signature.
  4. If you are looking to interrupt or transfer, please get your School to sign the form, they are able to complete this electronically if you are away from campus.   Your School will decide whether to approve your request.
  5. In the case of international students the Visa and Immigration team will also need to review your form.
  6. Contact the Funding and Financial Support team to discuss the funding implications of your interruption or withdrawal, especially in relation to Student Loans Company Maintenance Loans or Tuition Fee Loans.  For more information visit the Financial Support talk to us webpage.  

  7. Return your form to Student Services
  8. You will receive an email confirmation when your request has been processed.

Yes.  Once Student Services have received your form and updated your student record we will notify the Student Loans Company of the change to your circumstances. 

It can take the Student Loans Company 4-6 weeks to make the changes in their system, so there will be a delay in this showing on your SLC portal.

You can also contact the SLC directly to notify them that your circumstances have changed. 

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2



Student Services

University Park

Please see our need help page for telephone and online contact points