Services for Students

I want to transfer course, interrupt, or withdraw - what should I do?

I want to transfer course, interrupt, or withdraw - what should I do?
There are a number of steps that you need to undertake, here is a summary to follow.
  1. Speak to your School, ideally your tutor, about the possibility of interrupting, transferring or withdrawing from your studies.  They will advise on the possibilities open to you, as well as any potential implications.  They will also be able to advise with regard to the timing and time limits of interruptions.
  2. Fill in the relevant form which can be found in the Quality Manual.
  3. Withdrawal forms do not require a school signature.
  4. If you are looking to interrupt or transfer, please get your School to sign the form, they are able to complete this electronically if you are away from campus.   Your School will decide whether to approve your request.
  5. In the case of international students the Visa and Immigration team will also need to review your form.
  6. Contact the Funding and Financial Support team to discuss the funding implications of your interruption or withdrawal, especially in relation to Student Loans Company Maintenance Loans or Tuition Fee Loans.  For more information visit the Financial Support talk to us webpage.  

  7. Return your form to Student Services
  8. You will receive an email confirmation when your request has been processed.


Student Services

University Park

Please see our need help page for telephone and online contact points