What you need to know
The summer reassessment period will take place between Monday 24 August 2020 and Tuesday 8 September 2020. This is the period within which you will be asked to submit work or undertake examinations. You may be given assessment titles before the start of this assessment period but will not be expected to submit work before the first day of it. All assessments in this period will be taken or submitted on-line.
When you have had an opportunity to consider your results, please use this form to tell us about the following:
1) If you have been granted an opportunity for assessment in August/September as a result of a successful Extenuating Circumstances claim in the 2019-2020 academic year, which of these assessments you want to take;
2) If you are unable to progress to the next academic year of your Programme of Study without undertaking further assessment which of the reassessment opportunities you want to take;
3) If you had modules that were designated COVID-incomplete or Part for Whole in the Spring Semester assessment period in May/June 2020 which of these assessments you want to take.
In relation to 3) above only, you should note that:
- if you choose to take optional first sits of COVID-incomplete or Part for Whole modules under this opportunity, the mark that you achieve in the new first sit will be the mark that you are given for the module. Module marks can go down as well as up and where relevant this may affect your future award classification;
- if you complete this form to enter yourself for optional first sits of previously COVID-incomplete or Part for Whole modules and do not take those assessments without having approved extenuating circumstances, you will be given a mark of zero for the module and where relevant this may affect your future award classification.
If you require further guidance on what your results mean for you, or whether you should take optional first sits, under 3) above, please contact your personal tutor for advice.
All forms must be submitted by 31 July 2020 after that date you will be unable to enter yourself for assessments in summer 2020.