Potential Scholarships 2019/20
Entry Awards - entry year only
Potential Scholarships are funded by generous donations from University supporters and alumni.
To be eligible for these awards you must be in your year of entry to the University, and on the first year of your course (or year 0 if doing a foundation year). These awards are payable in your first year of study only. These awards are competitive.
Applications for 2019/20 will open after the start of the academic year with a deadline of 31st January 2020.
General criteria for all these awards:
• Be enrolling in Autumn 2019 for the first year of a full time** undergraduate degree at the University of Nottingham (UK Campus)
• Not have studied for an undergraduate degree before starting at Nottingham
• Have Home* funding status (see definition below)
• Not be receiving external sponsorship for your course, e.g. from industry/employers (University bursaries and Government grants do not affect your eligibility)
•Have had their household income assessed for your statutory government support and consented to share this information with the University
Additional eligibility criteria will apply to each individual scholarship. Please read carefully before you apply.
The Hollick Family Trust Scholarship
Award Value: £1,500
To be eligible you must meet the following additional criteria:
• Be registered in the first year of a full time** undergraduate course in the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Nottingham.
• Have a household income of less than £25,000.
* A 'home' student is one who meets certain UK residence criteria. These are the same criteria as apply to eligibility for home funding from Student Finance.
**Otherwise eligible part-time students who are unable to study full-time because of a disability should contact the Funding and Financial Support team to discuss their funding options.
Note: All references to household income refer to the figure which is calculated by Student Finance when a student applies to them for means-tested funding.