The Andrew Witty Entrepreneurial Scholarship
Sir Andrew Witty, Chancellor of the University of Nottingham, has generously established this major new scholarship programme for undergraduate students entering the University from 2017. Sir Andrew graduated from the University of Nottingham in 1985 with a joint Honours BA in Economics and was the CEO of GlaxoSmithKline from 2008.
His generous gift has established an innovative programme of undergraduate scholarships for promising student entrepreneurs from lower-income backgrounds.
What is the Witty Entrepreneurial Scholarship?
The Witty Scholarship offers financial support and entrepreneurial skills development for undergraduate students. Discovering innovative ideas, finding new ways of working, setting up a business, creating a distinctive career path or supporting social enterprises, all are ways Witty Scholars can get ahead of the pack. This is a three year programme based in the Ingenuity Lab, Jubilee Campus.
Witty Scholars can access*:
- An annual £ 500 cost of living allowance per academic year
- Up to £ 500 internship in year 1, and up to £ 2,000 in year 2 towards an internship or business start-up costs
- Funds to support Social Enterprise initiatives established during the Ingenuity or Universitas 21 Global Ingenuity challenges
- Specific Witty Scholar memberships to the Ingenuity Lab
- One to one mentoring support for business or career development
- Resources and seminars to assist with growing your own business and developing your personal employability skills
Who can apply to be a Witty Scholar?
In order to meet the criteria of the Witty Entrepreneurial Scholarships, students have to be:
- Studying an undergraduate course at the University of Nottingham
- Be a student in Year One or Year Two
- Have Home funding status
- Have a family income of less than £ 35,000, as assessed by student finance
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial aptitude
Please see the application form for full criteria and further details
How do I apply?
To apply please download and complete the relevant application form below :
Year One students in 2018
Year Two students in 2018
The deadline for applications has been extended until 11th November 2018
For further information about the scheme contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the application process contact the Funding and Financial Support team
*Advancement is subject to regular engagement with the programme