These bursaries are guaranteed, which means if you meet the eligibility criteria you will definitely get the award.
These awards are generally payable in each of undergraduate study.
Please click on the relevant link below for more information:
Edward & Margaret Leafe Scholarship
Students who previously did a foundation year in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine or the School of Biosciences at this University can apply for the Edward & Margaret Leafe Scholarship on progression to Year 1. For more information visit our Potential Scholarship webpage.
Funded by generous donations, there are travel-related scholarships in this category, applied for using a single application form.
For more details about these awards, including criteria, and how to apply, please see our Aspire Scholarships page.
The Witty Entrepreneurial Scholarships
Sir Andrew Witty, Former Chancellor of the University of Nottingham, has generously established this major new scholarship programme for continuing and new undergraduate students in 2021. The Witty Entrepreneurial Scholarship for continuing students.
Excel in Science internships
Five Excel in Science internships are available in research labs within the School of Life Sciences (SoLS) for the academic year 2021/22.
Eligible students are those who:
- are in year 2 of any degree programme run within the School of Life Sciences
- have a desire to learn more about the research environment and might be considering a PhD
- are receiving Core Bursary
Each internship will last for the entire 30 weeks of the academic year and represents a commitment of 10 hours/week. A stipend of £2,850 is available to students who are receiving the university’s Core Bursary.
Learn more (Life Sciences students only)
Final Year Awards
Hillsborough Memorial Trust Bursary
Trustees of the Hillsborough Disaster Appeal donated money to a number of Universities, including The University of Nottingham, in order for undergraduate bursaries to be awarded to students normally resident in the locality of the University. The University awards a small number of bursaries of around £500 from the fund to students experiencing financial difficulties whilst studying at Nottingham.
To be considered for a Hillsborough Trust Memorial Bursary students must:
• Have Home* funding status (see definition below)
• Be registered and attending the final year of a full time undergraduate course at The University of Nottingham in the UK in 2021/22.
• Have been resident in Nottinghamshire for at least 2 years immediately prior to the start of their undergraduate course.
• Have requested (if eligible) their full Student Loan entitlement for the current year.
• Have successfully applied to The Student Hardship Fund in the 2021/22.
For additional considerations and application process please click here.
Applications have now closed for 2021/22.