Second year and beyond
If you are a home* student in your second year or beyond of undergraduate study at Nottingham, there are a number of Bursaries and Scholarships you may be eligible for.
These bursaries are guaranteed, which means if you meet the eligibility criteria you will definitely get the award.
These awards are generally payable in each of undergraduate study.
Please click on the relevant link below for more information:
Funded by generous donations, there are travel-related scholarships in this category, applied for using a single application form.
For more details about these awards, including criteria, and how to apply, please see our Aspire Scholarships page.
The Andrew Witty Entrepreneurial Scholarships
Sir Andrew Witty, Chancellor of the University of Nottingham, has generously established this major new scholarship programme for continuing and new undergraduate students in 2017. The Andrew Witty Entrepreneurial Scholarship for continuing students.
Final Year Awards
Hillsborough Memorial Trust Bursary
Trustees of the Hillsborough Disaster Appeal donated money to a number of Universities, including The University of Nottingham, in order for undergraduate bursaries to be awarded to students normally resident in the locality of the University. The University awards a small number of bursaries of around £500 from the fund to students experiencing financial difficulties whilst studying at Nottingham.
To be considered for a Hillsborough Trust Memorial Bursary students must:
• Have Home* funding status (see definition below)
• Be registered and attending the final year of a full time undergraduate course at The University of Nottingham in the UK in 2017/18.
• Have been resident in Nottinghamshire for at least 2 years immediately prior to the start of their undergraduate course.
• Have requested (if eligible) their full Student Loan entitlement for the current year.
• Have successfully applied to The Student Hardship Fund in the 2017/18.
Please see the application form for additional considerations and further information.
Applications for 2017/18 have now closed.
* A 'home' student is one who meets certain UK residence criteria. These are the same criteria as apply to eligibility for home funding from Student Finance.