About the Entrepreneurial Fund
The Entrepreneurial Fund is here to support Students from disadvantaged backgrounds to discover innovative ideas, find new ways of working, setting up a business, create a distinctive career path, or support social enterprise. It can support a student with purchases or costs relating to improving their knowledge, skills and understanding around their own employability or venture creation.
What does the Entrepreneurial Fund include?
The fund will offer up to £500 per applicant.
Students can use this fund to pay for a variety of uses as long as it can be attributed to at least one of the criteria below:
- Funds to support social enterprise
- Mentoring support for a new business
- Resources and seminars to assist with growing a business and developing personal employability skills
- Costs towards an internship
- Advantage funds for extracurricular costs
Some ideas may include, additional courses, resources to help develop their business ideas, outfits for placements and we are open to suggestions.
We do not fund the purchase of large capital items such as vehicles or property and there is a limit on how much is available to each individual.
Are you eligible?
Must show how the funding will support their education, business venture or employability
Household income of less than £42,875 as assessed by Student Finance
Must have at least one full year left of their undergraduate degree
Eligibility criteria explained
Applications will be judged on merit
- Be enrolled with at least one full year left of an undergraduate degree at the University of Nottingham (UK Campus)
- Applicants must fully complete the application form and only the information contained within will be used in assessing their application
- Have a 2022/23 Household Income of between £0-£42,875, as assessed by Student Finance
- Students must show how the funding will support their education, business venture or employability
- Have Home funding status
More information, including definitions and explanations of the criteria, can be found in the application guidance.
How will the Entrepreneurial Fund be paid?
Upon approval, the award of £500 will be paid directly to your bank account during term 3, subject to registration. More details of payment arrangements will be confirmed to you on approval.
How to apply
If you believe you are eligible for the Entrepreneurial Fund based on the above criteria, we encourage you to fill out the online application.
Applications for this year's fund will close at 12 noon on Friday 5th May 2023.
Read the guidance
More funding options
Students who are eligible for the Entrepreneurial Fund may also be eligible for the following funding:
View all scholarships and bursaries