The Halford Scholarship Programme - 2021 entry
Nottingham alumnus Andrew Halford generously established this major award for undergraduate students entering the University from 2016 onwards. Andrew is an Industrial Economic graduate (1980) and member of the Impact Campaign Board. In 2021 the Award offers financial support of £7,500 per year over the ordinary duration of their course to one academically able student who aspires to a university education despite circumstances which would ordinarily prevent them from achieving this. Each scholarship provides between £22,500 to £37,500 to the successful applicant, depending on their course duration.
This is a pre-entry award, meaning applicants will need to apply prior to their starting on their course in the 2021/22 academic year.*
Who can apply for this scheme?
For this scheme you must meet the following criteria. You must:
• Be hoping to enrol in the 2021/22 academic year* for the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree at the University of Nottingham (UK Campus) and indicate the University of Nottingham as your first choice University.
• Be studying for your first undergraduate degree
• Have home** funding status
• Have a 2019/20 Household Income of between £0-£35,000, as assessed by Student Finance
• Not be receiving other substantial sponsorship or scholarship support for your course (University Bursaries and Government grants do not affect your eligibility.)
The main criteria for this award, in addition to the criteria outlined above, are:
• The applicant must have had to face and overcome significant hardship or obstacles to their academic progression.
• A strong academic ability indicating that he/she is likely to achieve a first or upper second class degree.
• Be able to show the beneficial impact the award will have on their time at University.
Successful candidates will be expected to maintain a high academic standard throughout their degree and must agree to be subject to an annual review of their progression including an annual report from their tutor. They will also be expected to provide an annual statement of their own, reporting on their progress.
If you have any questions please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling us on 0115 8232071 and asking for John Hudson, Claire Lowe or Alison Hickling.
Application deadline - 31st March 2021
Applications are now closed for 2021 entry.
* i.e. Undergraduate courses commencing in either September 2021, January 2022 or April 2022
**A 'home' student is one who meets certain UK residence criteria. These are the same criteria as apply to eligibility for home funding from Student Finance.