The Stoneygate Award
The Stoneygate Award is a major scholarship for undergraduate students entering the University in September 2018. The award offers financial support totalling £30,000 over the duration of their course to each of two academically able students who have overcome significant personal challenges and obstacles to reach their goal of attending university. The award has been established thanks to the generosity of The Stoneygate Trust and is intended to assist students with their essential living costs whilst studying; it is not intended to be used towards tuition fees.
This is a pre-entry award, meaning applicants will need to apply prior to their starting on their course in September 2018.
Applications have closed for 2018 entry. Details of the 2019-entry scheme will appear here soon.
Who can apply for this scheme?
For this scheme you must meet the following basic criteria. You must:
• Be hoping to enrol in Autumn 2018 for the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Nottingham (UK Campus)
• Be studying for a first undergraduate degree
• Have home* funding status
• Have a 2016/17 (April-April) Household Income of between £0-£25,000 as assessed by Student Finance
• Not be receiving any external sponsorships for your course, e.g. from industry/employers (University bursaries and government grants do not affect your eligibility)
The primary criteria for this award, in addition to the basic criteria outlined above, are:
• The applicant to have had to face/overcome challenging personal circumstances in order to progress their educational aspirations of attending university.
• A strong academic ability indicating that he or she is likely to achieve a first or upper second class degree.
Successful candidates will be expected to maintain a high academic standard throughout their degree and will be subject to an annual review of their progression.
If you have any questions please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 0115 8232071 and asking for John Hudson, Claire Lowe or Alison Hickling.
The deadline for this award was 1st December 2017.
* A 'home' student is one who meets certain UK residence criteria. These are the same criteria as apply to eligibility for home funding from Student Finance