About the Stoneygate Award
The Stoneygate Award offers financial support for academically able students who have overcome personal barriers to reach their goal of attending university.
Support totals £9000 across the duration of your course to assist with the cost of living while at university and you do not have to pay it back unless there's an error with your application. The award will be paid directly to your bank account in three termly instalments throughout your course. While you can spend the money in any way you like, the Stoneygate Award is not intended to be used for tuition fees.
There are three Stoneygate Awards available for 2022. Students must submit an application so we can assess their eligibility to decide who will receive the award. Applications for 2022 will open around the start of the adacemic year and you can find application guidance on our website.
Are you eligible?
Household income of less than £35,000 as assessed by Student Finance
Achieved ABB at A level (or equivalent) indicating strong academic ability
Faced personal barriers to progression into university
Eligibility criteria explained
For 2022 applications, you must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant has had to face/overcome personal barriers to progression in order to progress their educational aspirations of attending University
- A strong academic ability (a minimum standard of ABB at ‘A’ Level or equivalent) indicating that he or she is likely to achieve a first or upper second-class degree
- Have a 2020/21 household Income of between £0-£35,000, as assessed by Student Finance
- Have enrolled for the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Nottingham (UK Campus) in Autumn 2022
- Be studying for your first undergraduate degree
- Have Home funding status
- Not be receiving NHS funding for your course
- Not be receiving external sponsorship for your course e.g. from industry/employers (University Core Bursaries and Government grants do not affect your eligibility)
More information on the above criteria, including definitions and explanations of the criteria, can be found in the application guidance.
How to apply
If you believe you are eligible for the Stoneygate Award based on the above criteria, we encourage you to fill out the online application.
The assessment of all applications is done at the closing date only, so you can take as long as you need before the closing date to write your application.
Read the guidance
More funding options
Students who are eligible for The Stoneygate Award may also be eligible for the following funding:
View all scholarships and bursaries