The Stoneygate Award
About the Scholarship
The Stoneygate Award is a major scholarship for undergraduate students entering the University in September 2020. The Award offers financial support totalling £9,000 over the duration of their course to each of three academically able students who have overcome personal barriers to progression to reach their goal of attending University. This new Stoneygate Award was established in 2020 thanks to the generosity of The Stoneygate Trust and is intended to assist students with their essential living costs whilst studying, it is not intended to be used towards tuition fees.
Who can apply for this scheme?
For this scheme you must meet the following basic criteria. You must:
- Have enrolled for the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Nottingham (UK Campus) in Autumn 2020
- Be studying for a first undergraduate degree
- Have Home funding status (see definition on page 3)
- Have a 2018/19 Household Income of between £0-£35,000, as assessed by Student Finance (see definition on page 3)
- Not be receiving NHS funding for your course
- Not be receiving external sponsorship for your course e.g. from industry/employers (University Core Bursaries and Government grants do not affect your eligibility)
The primary criteria for the Award, in addition to the basic criteria outlined above, are:
- The applicant to have had to face/overcome personal barriers to progression (please see pages 2 and 6 for more information) in order to progress their educational aspirations of attending University.
- A strong academic ability (a minimum standard of ABB at ‘A’ Level or equivalent) indicating that he or she is likely to achieve a first or upper second class degree.
We are also keen to target these scholarships at those students who can show the beneficial impact the Award will have on their time at University and this will be an additional, key consideration in assessing applications.
The application closing date was 6th November 2020 - Applications have closed for 2020 entry