Subject-specific bursaries and scholarships
These awards are based on the subject you are studing at University. If you have any questions about these Scholarships please email email@example.com OR contact the School/Department that are publicising the award.
Please note that the majority of these awards are for Undergraduate students with home* fee status.
Faculty of Engineering
Faculty of Science
All courses in the Faculty of Science
Physics and Astronomy
Faculty of Social Sciences
All courses in the Faculty of Social Sciences
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Graduate Entry Medicine
The Franks Scholarship
Award Value: £2,500 payable only in the first year of study.
To be eligible you must meet the following additional criteria:
• Priority will be given to students who are 30 years or above on entry to the course and who can demonstrate a strong ambition to enter General Practice.
• Other factors considered in the allocation of this scholarship include any relevant extra responsibilities or commitments you have/have had (e.g. Students Union Society/Club involvement, voluntary/charity work) and/or any specific difficulties/challenges which you have faced or expect to have to overcome as you work towards your degree (e.g. family commitments, ill health, a disability, financial difficulties).
The Cameron Gifford Scholarship
Award Value: £500 payable only in the first year of study.
To be eligible, you must meet the following additional criteria:
• Candidates must have received their secondary education at a state funded school in the UK . Priority will be given to candidates who have received their secondary education at a state funded school in the North East of England (i.e. the counties of Durham , Northumberland, Teesside, Tyneside and Wearside )
• Priority will be given to mature students (age 25+)
Applications have closed for 2020/21
Application guidance notes
Medical Physiology and Therapeutics
The Medical Physiology and Therapeutics Year one Scholarship
Successful applicants to the Medical Physiology and Therapeutics Year One Scholarship will receive £1,000 in year one of their course.
Conditions of the award are as follows:
1. The value of the award is £1,000 in year one only.
2. Candidates will be registered on year one of the full time BSc Medical Physiology and Therapeutics course at The University of Nottingham (UK Campus).
3. Candidates must meet the residency requirements for a UK ‘home' student.
4. Candidates must be in receipt of all or part of the means-tested element of the student loan for living costs, and have applied for their maximum entitlement.
5. Candidates must be prepared to submit a personal statement to show their interest in Science.
6. Candidates in receipt of any external scholarships will not be eligible.
7. Candidates will normally be expected to attend at least 80% of all scheduled taught classes. Failure to do so may affect eligibility for this award, or result in a successful candidate’s award being withdrawn.
Application guidance notes
If your School or course isn't listed here you may still wish to check their web pages to see if any additional funds are on offer, but please note that not all Schools or Departments are able to offer such funding.
*A 'home' student is one who meets certain UK residence criteria. These are the same criteria as apply to eligibility for home funding from Student Finance