Student Services Academic Support

Individual Specialist Support

If you have dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD or other Specific Learning Differences, the tutors in Academic Support will work with you to decide on appropriate adjustments for class teaching, additional support in the libraries and adjustments to examination arrangements.  You will need to provide us with a copy of your dyslexia report or medical evidence.

Computer equipment and specialist software is usually funded through Disabled  Students' Allowances; further information about these can be found on the Funding for Disabled Students page or DirectGov. If you wish to apply for DSAs, you will need a post-16 report from an educational psychologist or a specialist teacher. If you are unsure about this or need any help, please discuss it with one of our tutors.

One-to-One Specialist Support Sessions

One-to-one support sessions for students with SpLDs can be tailored to suit individual needs. You may want regular or occasional sessions and you can discuss this with your tutor. You may like to focus on:

  • Note-taking strategies
  • Reading strategies
  • Academic writing
  • How best to revise for exams
  • Exam techniques
  • Time management and organisation


If you would like to find out more about the other workshops that Academic Support offer, please visit the Academic Support Workshops page.



Accessibility (Academic Support)

Portland Building
University Park
Nottingham, NG7 2RD

telephone: +44(0) 115 84 66115