Do you want to be part of Britain's global university*?
Up to 10 full tuition fees scholarships and stipends offered in partnership with the China Scholarship Council:
Tuition fees to be covered by The University of Nottingham.
Stipend to be covered by the China Scholarship Council. Amount for 19/20 TBC, last year it was £950 per month outside London**.
Closing Date: 15 Feb 2019
*The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2016
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
- are a Chinese national AND
- meet the requirements of the China Scholarship Council AND
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
- already hold an UNCONDITIONAL*** offer to start a full-time PhD research degree programme**** at Nottingham with a start date that falls between 01 October 2019 and 01 February 2020 (inclusive) in any subject area.
- have been selected by your university in China as a candidate for this scholarship****.
- Applications should be made via the scholarships section of MyNottingham. Click here to log in once you have received an offer to study in 2019.
**Please note that this amount does not meet the minimum required by UKVI to satisfy the maintenance element of the Tier 4 visa requirements. Students will therefore need to fund the difference themselves. Further information on obtaining a Tier 4 visa is available here.
***Conditional offers will be considered providing all English language requirements have been met, i.e. IELTS/TOEFL.
****Please note that these scholarships are for up to each of 3 years of a research programme, subject to satisfactory progress.
*****You will be asked in the scholarship application form to confirm whether your home institution supports your application for China Scholarship Council funding. However, The CSC now extends the scholarship opportunities to Chinese students who are studying overseas or working in China at the time of the application, who will not be required to supply confirmation of being supported by a Chinese institution. For detailed CSC guidance, please visit the CSC’s website.
China Scholarship Council Research Excellence Scholars at Nottingham
Here is what one of our 2015 China Scholarship Council Research Excellence winners says about their scholarship:
"This scholarship gives me the chance to pursue my PhD study in energy materials in the world-class university. This will not only help me to grow into a scientist and achieve my long term academic career goal, but also give me... knowledge and expertise... [Postgraduation] I hope I can find a post-doctoral position in a high level research group... [and] get an academic position in a Chinese university"
Tianhui Liu, (pictured right) studying PhD Materials Engineering and Materials Design.
Find out more