Creating opportunities to solve global development issues.
Do you want to make a difference to the development of your home country?
7 fully-funded scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries:
Closing date 14 March 2019 (16:00 GMT)
Who is eligible to apply?
The University of Nottingham is delighted to offer this scholarship in partnership with the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) for students holding an offer in selected subject areas.
For full terms and conditions, please see the CSC’s web pages and for a list of eligible countries.
You must hold an offer to start a full-time masters degree programme at the University of Nottingham in September 2019 in one of the following subject areas:
- MSc Advanced Nursing
- MSc Economic Development and Policy Analysis
- MSc Economics and Development Economics
- MA Education
- MSc Midwifery Studies and Maternal and Newborn Health
- MPH Public Health
- MPH Public Health (Global Health)
Please check our online Postgraduate Prospectus for course details
- You must hold an offer to study at the University of Nottingham in September 2019 (click the links above to apply).
- Application for admission to study at the University of Nottingham must be received at least six weeks before the scholarship closing date.
- Any application for admission to study submitted later than six weeks before the scholarship closing date is not guaranteed to be processed in time.
- You must make your scholarship application using the CSC's Electronic Application System (EAS).
Apply through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website
Commonwealth Shared Scholars at Nottingham
Here is what some of our 2015 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship winners say about their scholarship:
"The scholarship has helped in making what seemed to be an impossible professional dream come to reality... life for me will never be the same again."
Isata Mandoh from Sierra Leone (pictured far right), studying MSc Advanced Nursing.
"University of Nottingham is the place to be for a fulfilling academic experience... I implore all international students to take advantage of the various opportunities offered by this prestigious award winning institution."
Mfonido Ukpanah from Nigeria, studying MSc Molecular Medical Microbiology.