This year the sustainability team will have a stand at the Welcome Villages on University Park, Jubilee and Sutton Bonington during Welcome Week.
- Come and talk to us about sustainability at the university, Green Rewards and how you could become a Student Sustainability Ambassador.
- Have a go at Eco Play Your Cards Right! Challenge a friend (or one of the Sustainability Team!) to see who knows the most about the carbon footprint of everyday activities.
- Create a wildflower seed bomb with the grounds team and learn about biodiversity on our campuses. Help us to increase biodiversity by making campus a little wilder and encouraging insect life to thrive.
- We will also be joined on some of the days by Louis from Enva, the university’s waste contractor. ‘Waste’ some time with him and have a go at the Recycling Quiz to win a prize.
- Dopple will be with us at UP and Jubilee. Dopplle is a platform which promotes sustainable living through clothes swapping to help reduce textile waste. Have a chat with the UoN student behind the app, Sam, and find out more about sustainable fashion.
Full schedule below.
Refurbished bike sales
Nottingham Bikeworks will have a Refurbished Bike Sale and Drop In Dr Bike session at each Welcome Village.
Fully serviced, second hand bikes will be available to purchase from £60. They will have a range of frames such as road, hybrid and mountain bikes. Each bike comes with a minimum 30 day guarantee against any mechanical faults.
Dr Bike will also be servicing bike during free drop-in sessions. Have you biked serviced for free, no booking needed.
Nottingham Bikeworks are a not-for-profit community enterprise which works with an increasing number of community groups, schools and other local organisations delivering a range of projects and courses that use bikes and cycling to develop practical skills and build confidence.
The Welcome Village will be open 11am-10pm from Sunday 25 September to Sunday 2 October.
- University Park Welcome Village is at the David Ross Sport Village.
- Jubilee Campus Welcome Village is outside the Collin Campbell Building and inside the Atrium.
- Sutton Bonington Welcome Village is in the Barn with the Bike Sale outside the Hive Bar.
Posted on Monday 12th September 2022