UNISON has linked up with Leicester College to provide places on fully funded courses. The courses are all distance learning so you do not have to attend a college to complete the course. You can do the assignments either online or in paper format (depending on the course), with a tutor on hand throughout to provide support.
These courses are intended to support your own personal development and do not replace the mandatory training required for you to carry out your duties at work. You will also need to complete these courses in your own time.
You will receive a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification upon completion of the course.
You must be 19 years old or over and have lived in the EU for a minimum of 3 years to qualify for funding. You cannot apply if you hold a student visa. Please note though that taking on one of these courses requires a commitment of time. Most last 9 – 12 weeks and take several hours per week. Whilst the course is free the provider will charge £125 for anyone who doesn’t complete without good reason.
The sign-up session will be on 27 June and even if you do not wish to enrol on one of these courses please feel free to come along to find out more about UNISON Learning.
How to get started!
Take a look at the list of courses below and choose the one you would like to complete. Courses are various lengths. Funding is available for one course at a time, but once you have passed a course there is nothing stopping you from enrolling on another.
- Level 2 Certificate in Principle of Customer Service
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice & Guidance
- Level 2 Certificate in The Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines in Health & Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading Knowledge
- Level 2 Certificate Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health & Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition & Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Admin
Contact Gavin McCann (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating which course you want to complete and your membership number or if you would like a little bit more information.
You will be sent an invitation to attend an enrolment session (either 12.00 – 12.50 or 1.00 – 1.50) which will be carried out on 27th June in room A08 in the Si Yuan Centre [next to the Business School South Building]. It will take 45 minutes to complete the paperwork. Please bring your national insurance number with you.
When you have been inducted and the enrolment forms completed, the provider will send you your set of comprehensive course materials (if I am not able to bring them with me on the day). You can choose to do the course either online or complete a paper assessment booklet.
Posted on Thursday 16th June 2016