Masterclass in Cranial Closing Wedge Tibial Plateau Levelling Osteotomy (CWO-TPLO) - fully booked, waiting list available
This highly practical one-day Masterclass is dedicated to understanding and performing CWO-TPLO surgery including some lecture material, plastic bone exercises and cadaver bone exercises
The course will utilise post-operative radiographs of each delegate’s surgery. These radiographs will be critiqued so that delegates can learn from any errors thereby minimising surgical inaccuracies in the future. This course is aimed at experienced orthopaedic surgeons who wish to learn the CWO-TPLO technique.
- History and evolution of the CWO-TPLO technique
- Case selection
- Pre-operative templating
- The CWO-TPLO surgical procedure including tricks and tips to make the operation as safe and repeatable as possible
- Post-operative radiographs;
- Managing post-operative complications
- Understand CWO-TPLO theory
- How to perform the procedure safely and choose the right cases to start
- How to manage the cases post-operatively
- How to assess critique post-operative radiographs
- Understand what complications are possible
Required delegate attributes
Delegates should have good experience of orthopaedic surgery including (but not limited to) familiarity with
- Dealing with cranial cruciate ligament cases; making the diagnosis
- Stifle anatomy and surgical approaches
- Stifle arthrotomies, inspecting and resecting meniscal lesions, lateral sutures etc.
- Internal fixation of fractures
- Locking and non-locking plates.
- Performing osteotomies