Advanced Cranial Closing Wedge Tibial Plateau Levelling Osteotomy (TPLO)
||Tuesday 17 November 2020
||School of Veterinary Medicine and Science
Sutton Bonington Campus
£1100 for those who have attended the Veterinary Basic Surgical Skills Course
This highly practical one-day advanced course will be dedicated to understanding and performing CWO-TPLO surgery.
- History and evolution of the TPLO technique
- Case selection
- Pre-operative templating
- The CWO-TPLO surgical procedure including tricks and tips to make the operation as safe and repeatable as possible
- CWO-TPLO surgery will be performed on plastic and cadaver bones
- Managing post-operative complications
- Post-operative radiographs; assessment and critique
- Understand CWO-TPLO theory
- How to perform the procedure safely
- How to critique post-operative radiographs, and manage complications.
Required delegate attributes
Delegates should have intermediate experience of orthopaedic surgery including familiarity with making osteotomies and internal fixation of fractures. Delegates should be familiar with stifle anatomy and surgical approach, performing an arthrotomy, inspecting and resecting meniscal lesions, etc. Delegates should also understand fixation techniques including non-locking plates, compression and neutral screws, and locking plates.
- Experience of cruciate surgery
- Experience of locking screws and plates
- Experience of non-locking screws and plates
- Experience of pin and tension band technique