Below is a list of other astronomy research groups in the UK:
Ground-based - Optical and Infrared
- Isaac Newton Group of telescopes homepage, including the William Herschel Telescope, the Isaac Newton Telescope and the Jacobus Kapteyn Telescope.
- European Southern Observatory (ESO), including sites at Paranal (VLT) and La Silla (Chile).
- Liverpool John Moores Robotic Telescope
- Anglo Australian Observatory (AAO)
- Mount Stromlo and Siding Spring Observatories (Australia)
- UK Gemini Support Group
- South African Astronomical Observatory (SAAO) (South Africa)
- UK InfraRed Telescope (UKIRT) (Hawaii)
Ground-based - Radio and Millimetre wavelengths
- James Clerk Maxwell Telescope (JCMT)
- Multi-Element Radio-Linked Interferometer Network (MERLIN)
- Ryle Telescope
- Green Bank Interferometer
- Very Large Array (VLA)
- Very Long Baseline Array (VLBA)
- Australia Telescope Compact Array
- Parkes Observatory
- Mopra Observatory
- XMM at ESTEC.
- Chandra Advanced X-ray Astrophysics Facility (AXAF) at Harvard.
- Rossi X-ray Timing Explorer (RXTE)
- Advanced Satellite for Cosmology and Astrophysics (ASCA)
- Infrared Space Observatory (ISO) at DRAL
- Hubble Space Telescope
- Hipparcos space astrometry mission
- Compton Gamma-Ray Observatory (CGRO)
- Astrophysical Journal (main journal, letters and supplement series)
- Astronomical Journal
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
- Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific
- Institute of Physics electronic journals
- American Institute of Physics
- Science Direct
- Elsevier journals
- Springer journals
- NASA Extragalactic Database (NED) at Caltech.
- Leicester Database and Archive Service (LEDAS) at the University of Leicester.
- Centre de Données astronomiques de Strasbourg (CDS), home of the SIMBAD astronomical database and the Vizier astronomical catalogue and data table service.
- Isaac Newton Group of telescopes.
- Anglo Australian Observatory
- Hubble Space Telescope
- Hipparcos / Tycho
- STScI Digitized Sky Survey (DSS) page or the LEDAS Digitized Sky Survey page.
- Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS)
- HEASARC at Goddard Space Flight Center, including links to Argus (for satellite proposal information); Tools (for general purpose astronomy tools); W3Browse and Astrobrowse (for catalogue information).
- Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI)
The following sites host a variety of astronomical news and articles:
- NASA Today - the latest news from NASA
- Astronomy Now - online version of this UK Astronomy magazine
- Astronomy Magazine - news, star charts and pictures from this international magazine
- Universe Today - space news gathered from around the internet
- Sky And Telescope - news from this more observer-orientated magazine
- International Astronomical Meetings - a list of the latest astronomical meetings and conferences
- Astronomy Picture of the Day, or view the archive of previous days.
- NASA multimedia site
- Messier Catalogue
- NGC Catalogue
- The Nine Planets
- Hubble Space Telescope news and image site.