University of Nottingham Libraries is upgrading the library self-service machines and security gates.
The new security gates will make your library resources even safer, and the new self-service machines will make it faster and easier to borrow books.
Features of the new machines include:
- Flat surface to place your books
- Technology that allows you to process multiple books at once
- Language options if English isn’t your preference
- Automatic e-receipts to reduce paper waste
- Self-service machines on levels 3 and 4 in Hallward – so you won’t have to go downstairs to borrow or return items
To reduce any disruption caused by these changes, the improvements will be carried out after exams and over the summer break.
For those of you who will be using the library during this time, installation will be carried out over the following key dates:
- Hallward, Monday 17 – Tuesday 18 June
- Denis Arnold, Wednesday 19 June
- Greenfield Medical, Thursday 20 June
- Business Library, Friday 21 June
- George Green, Monday 24 – Wednesday 26 June
- James Cameron-Gifford, Thursday 27 June
- Djanogly Learning Resource Centre, Monday 1 - Wednesday 3 July
Library users will be able to get in and out of the libraries during this period, but there may be a short period of time where books should be borrowed or returned at lending desks rather than using the self-service machines. There may be some disruption in the form of dust and noise during this time, but this will be kept to a minimum.
Posted on Friday 14th June 2019