Data4Sustain and EMBRACE Workshop
EMBRACE will support the members of the Data4Sustain partnership to run a joint workshop to gain feedback from the user community for a web-based GIS tool to assess the feasibility of locating renewable energy sources at a particular site.
Data4Sustain is an Innovate UK funded feasibility study to create a decision support tool for renewable energy technologies to evaluate the likely feasibility of renewable energy technologies at a particular site. To ensure that the D4S webGIS meets the needs of its users, a workshop is being held to gather feedback from the wider community. It also provides an ideal opportunity to network across a range of invited renewable energy stakeholders.
The workshop will include:
- Outline of the project
- Two example technologies
- webGIS demonstration and guided tutorial
- Task-oriented exercises (option for delegate to evaluate own use case)
- Autogenerated reports
- Feedback on usefulness and resilience
- Wrap-up and Future development
The workshop will be of interest to all involved in evaluating the feasibility of renewable energy for an area or at a site or sites. This includes direct involvement such as: developers, land holders, large energy users, local authorities, policy and decision makers, utility companies, renewable technology vendors, charities and community groups. It may also be of interest to those with indirect involvement in renewables eg professionals such as architects, engineers and surveyors and financial institutions such as banks.
Attendees will benefit from:
- Helping to develop a tool that they will be able to use in the future
- Understanding how to undertake feasibility of renewable energy at a site
- Understanding of use of webGIS
- See a use case of big data and webGIS to address a current problem
- Network with Energy and GIS professionals
More information - http://www.lqm.co.uk/data4sustain-workshop-embrace
B29 Sir Clive Grainger Building
The University of Nottingham University Park,
Nottingham, NG7 2RD