The UKESNC is this year supported and facilitated by GRACE.
GRACE capitalises on existing world-leading research and training at the University of Nottingham. It is part of the Nottingham Geospatial Institute (NGI) and provides research, development, training, testing and technical and business support services for industry, with a focus on Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups.
The mission of GRACE is to secure international leadership in research, training and industrial applications development of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) built from a core of existing:
- World leading University research & training capability
- Innovative SME industry base
- Close collaborative links with industry
- Extensive user base potential
The aims and objectives of GRACE are to:
- Support the commercial exploitation of academic GNSS research and encourage the development of innovative products and services
- Embed GNSS systems and applications expertise within the regional economy and develop indigenous businesses throughout all parts of the value chain
- Create new employment opportunities including jobs that will encourage graduate retention in the region
- Deliver continuous professional development courses and support for industry personnel
- Facilitate international collaborations and support inward investment
- Support efforts to attract GNSS assets, facilities and services to the region