2.7.2 How can communications and engagement help?
There are a number of actions that are understood to enhance the engagement of senior management and therefore improve strategic ICT alignment:
- The work of the Chief Information Officer, or equivalent role, in enhancing Senior Management Team communications involving ICT so that information is more easy understood and expressed in terms of business requirements and solutions
- The understanding and buy-in of the Senior Management Team to the value of ICT and ICT governance
- The promotion by the Senior Management Team of ICT governance and its benefits to senior management
- The role of existing and appropriately informed committees across the institution to add ICT awareness and create influence
- The role of a CIO, or equivalent role, as an advocate of ICT and governance
- Market the collaboration and success in delivering ICT services
- Much of the good work undertaken in achieving ICT success is not visible within an institution. It is therefore useful to 'market' the activities and achievements, simply expressed and illustrating the collaborative approach and provision of ICT as a service
- The use of compliance checking and working with management who don't comply to try to get their buy-in, commitment and compliance
- The use of a portal or some repository for ICT governance information to ease its use and assist in visibility.