Our research team
The Cells, Organisms and Molecular Genetics team here at the University of Nottingham’s School of Life Sciences is a diverse, collaborative group of researchers. We’re academics, postdoctoral research fellows, research technicians and postgraduate students, all working together to break new ground and make a real impact on the world around us.
Research Technician, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
I am a research technician in the Biodiscovery Institute, working as part of the SBRC.
- Molecular biology, including:
- Genotyping/gene mapping
- qRT-PCR, primer and probe design
- nucleic acid extraction, purification and quality check via Bioanalyser
- gene editing using CRISPr, TALENs and allele exchange
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Specialist media preparation
- Automation and upscaling of experiments, with use of liquid handling platforms and robotic systems.