About the UTC
The Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre (UTC) in Manufacturing and On-Wing technology was established in 1999 as part of the Rolls-Royce UTC network. Based in the University's Manufacturing Research Division, it offers Rolls-Royce access to advanced world class academic research in manufacturing aimed at specific industry needs. This has yielded innovative solutions, improving both products and manufacturing processes within Rolls-Royce. The partnership also facilitates the growth of engineers in the academic community as they are confronted with "real world" challenges and can therefore better understand industry priorities.
“To identify, assess and aid the delivery of new and emerging manufacturing technologies in support of Rolls-Royce’s strategic intent”
Aims of the UTC
The Rolls-Royce UTC (University Technology Centre) in Manufacturing and On-Wing technology provides:
- Concept-proving and demonstration of novel manufacturing technologies
- An investment catalyst for UK and EU Research Councils, to invest in Rolls-Royce related manufacturing technologies
- Protection of Rolls-Royce intellectual property
- Privileged access to academic capability
- Mutual access to capabilities and information networks
Rolls-Royce PLC is a proven world leader in the manufacture of power systems for land, sea and air. It has established a strong position within civil aerospace, defence, marine and energy industrial sectors, through a strong engineering tradition and the adoption of new technologies.
Please visit the Rolls-Royce website for more information.